- Scholarships offered for gifted and talented students at 50%, 75% and 100% of College fees.
- Students will be encouraged to take responsibility for their learning and extend their learning beyond that of a typical classroom environment.
- Teaching and resources will be provided that will challenge students to think critically and develop a culture of learning.
- Students may work individually and/or in groups with other gifted and talented students to share ideas and challenge each other to accelerate their learning.
- Students who are selected to join the Gifted and Talented Program will be provided the opportunity to be part of the program from Year 5 to Year 12, as long as the work completed by the student is of a high standard, deemed by the College.
Key Components of the Gifted and Talented Program
- Scholarships offered in Academic, Sports, Arts and Quran Recitation
- Accelerated Learning
- Project Based Learning
- Mentoring of students
- Developing a culture of thinking, where students are required to develop and use critical thinking skills
- Draws upon international programs and theories
- Opportunities to participate in competitions such as the Da Vinci Decathlon and Tournament of Minds
- Year 10 students accelerated into HSC subjects
Scholarship Selection Process
Step 1: Application
Student application must be submitted, and must include
- The completed application form
- Student’s past NAPLAN results
- Student’s school reports (past 2 years)
- Applications may also include a Portfolio (Eg. photos of artworks) or evidence of sport representation
Step 2: Individual student interview
- Determined by application information
- Interviews (if required) will be conducted
Step 3: Notification
Notification of the outcome of the selection process will be sent in writing.
Applications may be submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org or in person to 70 Fourth Avenue, Austral, NSW 2179.
or via post to:
The Scholarships Officer
PO Box 3230
Austral NSW 2179
or fill in and submit the form below: